Wednesday, April 23, 2008

I said dessert, not desert


Dear Waiter:

If you plan to refill my beverage glass only when you see me licking the bottom,  don't give me a tea glass the size of a thimble.  Where have all of the pint glasses gone?  Is their a shortage that they haven't told us about?  Are restaurants actually trying to increase dishwasher pack-out by going to miniature sizes?

Maybe instead of being so intent on saving a few pennies on the wash, you should focus on pleasing your customers and increasing your revenues.  You can make a buck and we'll all be much happier.


1 comment:

suze said...

While attempting to order a container of potato salad at my local Safeway, I encountered a young woman more intent on having a conversation with one of a small group of employees on the other side of the salad bar.

The first thing that happened is that, being more intent on yelling across the asile to her buddies, she started filling my container with the wrong thing. After finally getting her attention, she moves to what I want and for some reason decided to give me a sample in a small plastic spoon. I accept and then look for a place to dispose it. My "server" is still yelling at her buddies and is not going to be bothered by any little problem I might be having. Not finding a place and not wanting to hand a used spoon back to her, I notice a trash can just behind the counter. I step in, toss the spoon and walk back and am immediately chided by one of the employees having the laugh fest on the other side of the salad bar.

This is the ultimate Inconvenient Truth. Not being adequately helped and being yelled at to boot.