Friday, May 9, 2008

Paying for Convenience


Last week I hopped online to buy a concert ticket from Ticketmaster for a show that was playing that same night.  Anyone familiar with Ticketmaster is well aware of the ridiculous service charge they tag on to the price of the ticket, but the fees don't stop there.  There is an additional "Convenience fee" of $2.50 to print your tickets at home. 
$2.50! Isn't online purchasing more cost efficient for them?  No staffing, no overhead and I print the ticket out on my own paper.  Now you don't have to pay the fee, you can have it mailed to you or pick it up from the ticket window at the venue for free.  But the show was that night so I couldn't have it mailed to me, and I didn't want to wait in the box-office line once I got there.
So Ticketmaster won.  I paid their ridiculous price for the sake of convenience.

Submited by:  Brandon

No comments: